Friday, August 24, 2012

Girls night out... at the post office


V and Tia are a couple of Hip- Hop dancers who live in Gray Haven. They are saving money to move to New York, but in the meantime they post weekly dance instructional videos on their YouTube channel. Their Stamina and agility really paid off when they had to stake a 200 year old vampire outside of a Thortons on I-80 one night on a return trip from Chicago.


I took quite a bit of time working on these two, I especially like the way V's sunglasses and MARPAT BDUs turned out. (my first attempt at both) Both girls are modeled with thongs peeking out, so I had to paint them. 





Sammie Mattews loves fashion, shopping and social media. So when zombies invaded her favorite mall, she accessorized a black SMG and an oversized bag (for extra magazines and lip gloss) and went about her business.
ShooterSam@twitter 
#Zomapocsales OMG Aero is offering 50 off to anyone who helps clear out the z's from the store security gate. I hope they still have that pink top in my size!

I painted this one based off my daughters request for a model with purple hair. A yellow dress then seemed the best choice for balance. all three of these girls are from Copplestone Castings "Babes With Guns" set.


And now the post office:




As promised- finished shots. There is glass in the windows and doors (plastic sheet actually) but you cant really tell in these pics. The interior was detailed with post office posters I found on the web and boxes from Tommyguns paper terrain. The floor is patterned scrapbook paper. 

Thanks for looking, Q and C welcomed!
Papa Spanky





12 comments:

  1. The minis look great and I love the post office, it reminds me of the post office in Walkertown NC (I'm not making that name up, but wouldn't that be a great name for a zombie game town?). I'd have to go get the mail from a PO box there and there was this really creepy faulty light over the PO box area and it would do that strobe thing you see in horror movies. More than once I'd hit the front door at a full speed run because I just knew there was a zombie or an ax murderer after me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah, thats a great zombie apoc town name! You were probably in more danger of crashing through the door than anything else. Great story cause we have all been there, irrationally scared into flight by something benign.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic work all around, but I think my favorite thing is the painy job you did on Tia's blue jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christopher, I did alternate layers of drybrushing and washes for her jeans. I was pleased with the end result also.

      Delete
  3. Minis look great,as does the Post Office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the minis look great and the Post office is a knockout when it comes to scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrain looks great mate. Gotta love these Copplestone sculpts they are great to paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive heard complaints that they are expensive, and they are, but you're right they are nice and I do enjoy them.

      Delete
  6. thought this might be on some interest to you. http://www.indiegogo.com/zombie-miniatures?c=home&a=1170894

    ReplyDelete
  7. That post office is amazing. The floor looks like stained concrete. Thanks for the Tommygun link.

    ReplyDelete