Here's what I am set on:
The table having its own support.
The table having a 3" ledge around it so terrain can go subterranean as well above ground.
Here's what I'm having trouble with:
Permanet vs collapsable tables
- can have storage under it
- is set up and ready to go for a game
- Can be in the way and is difficult to move
- Is set up and ready for my wife to pile Christmas wrap/clothes/ craft stuff on
- Can be stored or moved out of the way
- No temptation to use it for storage
- More difficult to build
- has to be set up before gaming
- no storage
My other issue I face is size. To me 4ft across is too small, especially with 12" deployment zones, but it seems to be the standard. So 4X6? Well what if I want a larger game, do I make the table expandable to 4x8 or 6x8? This brings me to ask: what about making a side of the board 5ft? reaching to the center of a board 6ft across can be arduous at best, a 5x8 ft board is much more manageable for large games. If I did this, what would be the dimensions of the board not expanded? 4x5 or 5x6? And why are odd board sizes are blasphemy to the Emporers STC of game tables?
I look forward to hear anything you might have to say on this subject.