Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh just finish already!

I know, I know, Im working on it. Here is some more progress on the Stompa model.

Heres where I'm at right know:

I finished the back piping, rusted and weathered nicely. On this part I used pastels thinned with testors paint thinner- not as easy to use, but gives a little different look. It has its uses.A shot of the patina, came out well I think.


Back of his head


His mug shot, soon to be on imperial wanted posters everywhere...


Not finished with gun yet, heres my progress so far.




3 comments:

  1. Great job on this guy, I really like the weathering, the greenish corrosion on the copper looks great.

    Keep up the good work,

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realy like paint job on this guy, I'v got one of these but to make it more cost afective im going to use the letf overs to make up mister potato head stomaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI to anyone that is reviewing the progress/completion of the stompa progress...I am the very lucky new owner of this model. If you think these picture are amazing, you need to see the actual model. The Geek in the Basement did a marvelous job on the stompa and I cant wait to get it out for a pending apoc battle this fall at my local shop. On top of that, The Basement Geek is is an amazing human being that was very helpful on sharing info on his techniques so I can emulate to my army that I will be working on in the coming months. Excellent stuff here! Cant say enough great things to do it justice.

    ReplyDelete